Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo

For Mother's Day last year, I received the Martha Stewart magazine from my stepmother (Thanks Erika!). This month's tear out menu was in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. I gave it a look, decided to go for it, and made all four recipes that were on it! It was a two course meal featuring Garlic-Jalapeno Shrimp, Mango and Radish Salad with Lime Dressing, Rice with Peas and cilantro, and Caramel Custards for dessert. I was very pleased with how everything turned out and the kids LOVED it too except for the radishes and cucumbers : ) Instead of typing the recipes out here, I found some other bloggers out there that posted them instead. It looks like I wasn't the only one thinking, "this would be a great dinner party meal." Now I need to decide who to invite over next time I make it.



No comments: