Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Birthday Weekend!

Last weekend I turned THIRTY!

Friday night, Jason and I went out for the first time just the two of us. Well, it wasn't the first time. It's the first time since Rachel's been born. Our babysitter was wonderful so we felt comfortable too. Our plans changed all in a matter of minutes when the restaurant we planned to go to was closed. That's right, not longer in business closed. So, we decided to go to the mall and get dinner, then see a movie. Then, our plans changed again when we got to the mall. We've always thought about going to Medieval Times but didn't want to with kids. So, we checked to see if we could make the show and got tickets.

Medieval Times was an interesting event. Cheesy, but still fun. I think I secretly enjoyed the girls next to me celebrating their 9th birthday party as much as the jousting. I just got all giggly on the inside about having a girl who's going to act like them later in life and was excited. Also, I enjoyed their screaming and enthusiasm for the Blue Knight who we were rooting for, and he won!

Saturday night, I went out with my girlfriends to Aqua Terra, a great restaurant in historic Buford. We had a great time and excellent food. I shared filet mignon with Bethany and then got an amazing chocolate cake for dessert. Hm! Thank you all for coming out and celebrating with me!!!! I really enjoyed our first girls night out and can't wait to have another one again.



Oh, and since Friday night was so last minute we forgot our camera. We ended up buying a disposable one and will someday get the pictures developed and posted. Just not sure how fast that will happen. Boy have times changed.

Finally Sunday, we went to church, enjoyed Life Group, went pumpkin picking, and had dinner at Chipotle. Here's Josh with his buddy Isaac.

3 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM! What cute pictures of Josh too! Hope to see you soon as I'm leaving for ATL this Saturday (am in the middle of responding to your email from last week...hopefully we can work something out to get together!:)

Kate & Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Kim!!!! Medieval Times is very fun! LOL! I'm excited to see you this weekend, congrats on getting out on your own for an evening. And I love the pumpkin patch pics.

Nyco Herzog said...

Happy Birthday! Very belated... But none less happy! You and Jed are the same age now (you're younger, though). Everyone looks great; your children are precious.