Sunday, November 22, 2009

Potty Training has begun...


I decided to be GUNG-HO about potty-training today. So what does that mean? It means that I am letting my child wear underwear and going to the bathroom about every 15-30 minutes in hopes that he won't have an accident. So far Josh has gone pee in the potty about eight times today, poo-poo once, and had three accidents. The accidents were a bit my fault b/c I lost track of time and was just about to take him. Another accident occurred upstairs in our bathroom when I was getting ready and Rachel turned some water one. I guess that triggered him to go. He's currently napping so I have no idea what going on with his bodily functions at the moment, but hopefully they are on hold til he wakes up.

Preceding today's events have been some potty-training moments such as: going pee-pee in the potty, of course, but the most important, Josh told me twice this past week that he needed to go, and then went. This comment and response is what I'm praying for and hoping will happen ever time. Although, it hasn't happened much today...

I still have hope and will stick with it! Right now he is enjoying the Elmo cover that goes on the seat and receiving a treat every time he goes. We have a potty that some friends loaned us that we will start using too especially when we go out of town. Please pray for us- specifically that Josh will learn to have control and will willingly go in the potty and of course, pray for patience for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, I hear ya!:) I wish I could say I was way past all this stuff since Micah is 3 now but we waited till just before his birthday to start working on it(I must admit I was avoiding it and avoiding it) and I wish we'd begun far sooner cause it has been a tough thing. He has few peeing accidents now but refuses to go poop in the potty!:) He will poop anywhere else but where he is supposed to!! Also, telling me he has to go could be more regular...I still have to really keep on him. I don't get him in trouble for his accidents but I just hope they end soon!;)

All that to say, I am there with you and will pray for things with Josh too when I pray potty prayers for Micah!!:)

It sounds like Josh is really doing great though and is definitely on the right track!!

Love Susanna

Anonymous said...

Wow, you, Beka and Christy were all doing the potty training thang this week. Sounds like you are off to a good start! I'm taking notes:)
-bethany