Monday, September 21, 2009

Remembering Ace

My niece, Laurel, just turned 15. I wasn't there to celebrate with her, but I wanted to share a beautiful tribute of her Dad that she posted on facebook.

Laurel, I hope you don't mind. I wanted to save this somewhere and share more about your Daddy and your words were so wonderful and perfect. I love you!


God got tired of taking old people.
He needed a strong handy man with a gold heart.
My daddy was perfect for the job.

It's crazy how quickly life can turn around. I've learned not to hold grudges; don't be mad at anyone for long, it may be the last time you see them. I would rather have a dad, and be mad at him, then not have one at all. I don't have my daddy to walk me down the isle, or have my daddy take me fishing again. I don't have my daddys' rough but gentle hands to hold. I haven't seen my dad in a year, and i know he missed me. Well now he can see me all the time, looking down from heaven, guiding me. He's the best guardian angel i could ask for. I'd give anything to get one more hug, and hear one more i love you. He told everyone that i was the only one he would kill for, the only one he would sacrifice his life for. I was daddy's little girl, his Pride & Joy. He did so many things for me, and to make sure i loved life. He had a heart 10 sizes too big. He always wanted to help someone, no matter what is meant he lost. He told me, that one day if he died, that he didn't want anyone crying at his funeral. He didn't want it to be a moment of sadness and loss. He said he wanted people to celebrate his life. And celebrate him being in a better place. I tried my hardest to make his wish come true, but as the tears fell, i also smiled for him like he wanted me to. He always told me about the song " My sacrifice " by Creed; and the lyrics that go " When your with me, i'm free, i'm careless, i believe. " Well daddy, now you can be free, you can be careless, and you can believe it. Because you'll be with me every day of my life now. Beside me. Guiding me. I knew my daddy was standing right beside me the whole time. I knew he was holding my hand. He was there, he was. And he'll always be with me. 08/09/09 is a day i'll always remember now on, and it won't be a happy holiday. I miss you & love you Daddy.

1 comment:

Susanna Rose said...

So sad...I know just the thought at her age of daddy not being able to walk me down the isle would have been enough to bring me to lots of tears!